A holiday should mean a fun time without having to haggle during the journey or in the destination especially when it is overseas. The first step for a holiday is to do elaborate research about the place, and collect information to confirm that the holiday will give the same sense of enjoyment that one wants out of it.
Some of the points to bear in mind for planning the destination include:
• Know the weather to pack the right type of clothing.
• Carry complete documents and papers that would be verified in the destination.
• Be aware of the common and prevalent diseases of the place and get vaccinated if required.
• Know about the cost of holidaying catering sufficiently for tips and taxes.
• Check if your timing coincides with any local festival or function since this could imply limitation in some services.
Some of the things that must figure in the check-list before departures include:
• Keeping a copy of the passport with a friend or in another baggage.
• Mailing oneself information regarding driver’s license, passport, credit card and other relevant things for ready access through internet.
• Keeping a track on the cash available in the savings account, validity of cards for the duration of travel and holiday; and catering for emergencies with sufficient account balance.
• Learning few phrases and words of the local language of the destination.
• Making sure to carry adapters which will fit in the power sockets for using any electric or electronic devices kike hot iron, hair-dryer, and cell-phone and so on.