Flying is no longer a luxury. It has become a huge hassle, especially when it comes to the security lines. Below are 10 travel tips, based on experience, which will help you get through airport security faster.
1. Carry a bag on wheels. The stores sell great carry-on bags with wheels and pop-up handles. You can store all of your personal items and electronics in one place so your hands will be free. If you are organized, you will travel more comfortably and more quickly.
2. Print your boarding pass in advance. If you do not have any luggage to check, you can generally proceed straight to security with your boarding pass.
3. Check your Toiletries. It is best to pack your toiletries in your checked baggage. If you have to take them in your carry-on, make sure they comply with aviation standards regarding size and packaging before you get to the airport.
4. Toss your drinks. You cannot bring any drinks through security, so check your bags for water bottles, drinks, or other liquids and throw them away before you get to security. If you want to buy a drink at the airport, wait until you have passed security to get it.
5. Carry your ID and boarding pass. After check-in, have these items in-hand to show to the officers at security so you do not have to waste time digging through your bag.
6. Remove your laptop. You have to pass your laptop through the x-ray machine without the case, in a separate bin from the rest of your things, so have your laptop (and other electronics) easily accessible. Take your laptop out of the case while you are waiting in line so you can put it right into the bin.
7. Wear Slip-on shoes. Airports require that you take off your shoes when you go through security, so wearing sandals or ballet style shoes will make the process faster. Take off your shoes while you are waiting in line and toss them in the bin.
8. Pack your belt. Unless your pants are going to fall down, pack your belt in your luggage so you do not have to take it on and off for the metal detector.
9. Empty you pockets. Put all of your personal items in your carry-on bag before you get to the airport. That includes cell phone, keys, and coins. Then, check your pockets again while you are in line for security and empty the contents into a bin.
10. Remove your Jacket. You probably will not be allowed to pass through the metal detector with a jacket or sweater, so place it on the conveyor belt with the rest of your things.